- ONLINE SHOP
- F A L L
- WILDCRAFTED - HERBS & NATURAL MATERIALS
- Fresh Jewelweed
*SEASON WINDING DOWN*
*Available *now* for a brief harvest season
*Local Sales only
Jewelweed (Fresh Stems & Leaves)
***This year’s crop has been incredible! Beautiful quality, large plants and stems.***
You will receive 1 bunch of fresh-cut Jewelweed stems and leaves (*and flowers, if present at time of harvest).
Traditionally used TOPICALLY for Poison Ivy and other skin inflammations.
Ideally used fresh (rather than dry).
Application Method Options:
- Crush the stems and rub directly onto affected area. -Or use as a poultice.
- Boil stems and pour liquid (cooled off, warm to room temperature...NOT scalding) over affected area, -Or use liquid in a compress.
- Freeze fresh stems, or the strained the boiled liquid, for future use.
- Fresh stems chopped up and tinctured in Vodka or Witch Hazel
Results may come quickly, or it may take a few applications.
Some believe it is best used as a preventative after initial contact with Poison Ivy. Personally, find it to be the most effective thing for a full-blown PI rash.
All Pinewoods Farms-grown plant materials are grown 100% naturally.
*Check out the short video clip below for helpful preparation tips.
Can be used fresh, directly applied topically, or in soap making and herbal crafting (lotions, etc.).
Jewelweed gifts are perfect for gardeners, hunters and outdoors folks!